Small Business Improvement Award Criteria
Small Business Improvement Award $1,200
- Business may not be larger than 50 employees
- Business must be a member of their local chamber or any chamber in the Town of Brookhaven.
- That chamber must be a member of the BCCC in good standing.
- Only business owners or main principles of the business may submit an application for the award.
- Proof of ownership or entitlement (manager, executive) must be presented with the application.
- Requests for the award will be judged by how beneficial the money will be used to improve the business. i.e. updating and purchasing equipment, capital improvements, professional services; i.e. consulting evaluations, business plans, marketing strategies, promotional advertising, signs, energy efficient improvements-lighting, insulation etc.
- Your ‘request letter’ IS YOUR FORMAL SUBMISSION; THERE IS NO FORMAL APPLICATION TO BE FILLED OUT.
- Non-profits are ineligible; ONLY Small Businesses
*Money may not be used to supplement operating expenses of the business.
*Proof of expenditure must be presented 6 months after the award, unless other pre-approved arrangements have been made.
Letters of request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with BCCC ‘Small Business Improvement Award’ in the subject area. ALL requests MUST BE EMAILED BY THE DEADLINE: TBD
All questions can be directed to Barbara Ransome at 631-474-5019, or via email at email@example.com
BCCC’s Chamber of Commerce-Economic Stimulus Incentive Grant-$1,000
- Be a Chamber in the Town of Brookhaven.
- Be a member of the BCCC in good standing.
- Must submit a written narrative of how the money will be spent:
- Money must be used for the benefit of the membership i.e. To improve communications, updating your website, increasing or creating a newsletter, helping to sponsor a chamber member event.
- Money can be used to improve member services, i.e. upgrading computer software and hardware, purchasing new equipment, fax, answering machine, capital improvements: painting office, office equipment: file cabinets, desks, etc.
*Money cannot be used to supplement operating expenses; i.e. utility bills, rent, salaries, insurances etc.
*Awarded Chamber must complete the spending of the money within 6 months of receiving the grant, unless other arrangements have been approved in advance. Proof of expenditure must be represented to the BCCC Board after the money is used.
Applications will be reviewed by the Town of Brookhaven IDA. All requests must be submitted by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org at the IDA Offices, Attention Lisa Mulligan. All requests must be in by TBD
Brookhaven Recovery Start-up Grant-$1,000
The Brookhaven Chambers of Commerce Coalition has recognized that this past year has been extraordinarily challenging for our small business communities. With this in mind, the BCCC is offering a NEW grant for this year to help our small businesses. The criteria is different from our small business improvement grant, and allows the money awarded to be used for OPERATIONAL COSTS. Guidelines and contact information are below. Your letter of request is your ‘formal application’.
Brookhaven Recovery Start-up Grant-$1,000
Business may not be larger than 50 employees
Business must be a member of their local chamber or any chamber in the Town of Brookhaven.
That chamber must be a member of the BCCC in good standing.
Only Business owners or main principles of the business may submit an application for the award.
Proof of ownership or entitlement (manager, executive) must be presented with the application.
Requests for the award can be used for ANY operational cost for the business, to include, but not limited to: utilities, rent and payroll.
The business must have been operating for a minimum of one year prior to the Covid-19 mandatory shut down.
The business must be considered viable in the time period after the grant application, while considering the added requirements of public safety protocols.
You must be able to show a substantial business loss due to total shut down, or severely restricted activity pursuant to the Disaster Emergency declared in New York State
*Non-profits are ineligible, ONLY SMALL BUSINESSES
Letters of request must be emailed to email@example.com with BCCC ‘Small Business Improvement Award-Brookhaven Recovery Start-up Grant’ in the subject area. ALL requests MUST BE EMAILED BY TBD