Small Business Improvement Award Criteria
Small Business Improvement Award $1,200
- Business may not be larger than 50 employees
- Business must be a member of their local chamber or any chamber in the Town of Brookhaven.
- That chamber must be a member of the BCCC in good standing.
- Only business owners or main principles of the business may submit an application for the award.
- Proof of ownership or entitlement (manager, executive) must be presented with the application.
- Requests for the award will be judged by how beneficial the money will be used to improve the business. i.e. updating and purchasing equipment, capital improvements, professional services; i.e. consulting evaluations, business plans, marketing strategies, promotional advertising, signs, energy efficient improvements-lighting, insulation etc.
- Your ‘request letter’ IS YOUR FORMAL SUBMISSION; THERE IS NO FORMAL APPLICATION TO BE FILLED OUT.
- Non-profits are ineligible; ONLY Small Businesses
*Money may not be used to supplement operating expenses of the business.
*Proof of expenditure must be presented 6 months after the award, unless other pre-approved arrangements have been made.
Letters of request must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with BCCC ‘Small Business Improvement Award’ in the subject area. ALL requests MUST BE EMAILED BY THE DEADLINE: TBD.
All awards will be given out at our Annual Member of the Year Reception to be held in April
All questions can be directed to Barbara Ransome at 631-474-5019, or via email at email@example.com
BCCC’s Chamber of Commerce-Economic Stimulus Incentive Grant-$1,000
- Be a Chamber in the Town of Brookhaven.
- Be a member of the BCCC in good standing.
- Must submit a written narrative of how the money will be spent:
- Money must be used for the benefit of the membership i.e. To improve communications, updating your website, increasing or creating a newsletter, helping to sponsor a chamber member event.
- Money can be used to improve member services, i.e. upgrading computer software and hardware, purchasing new equipment, fax, answering machine, capital improvements: painting office, office equipment: file cabinets, desks, etc.
*Money cannot be used to supplement operating expenses; i.e. utility bills, rent, salaries, insurances etc.
*Awarded Chamber must complete the spending of the money within 6 months of receiving the grant, unless other arrangements have been approved in advance. Proof of expenditure must be represented to the BCCC Board after the money is used.
Applications will be reviewed by the Town of Brookhaven Department of Economic Development. Emails may be sent to the Town Of Brookhaven Offices, Department of Economic Development, Attention Director of Economic Development, Lisa M. Mulligan. All requests must be emailed by TBD to firstname.lastname@example.org.